The vision for the SkyCity Auckland Community Trust is:
"Communities engaged and connected, equals thriving communities”.
We want our funding to support services and programmes that focus on "Te piko o te māhuri, tērā te tupu o te rākau - The way in which the young sapling is nurtured, determines how the tree will grow".
Funding will be approved for projects that demonstrate the delivery of the following outcomes:
- The development and wellbeing of rangatahi
- Solutions and decisions to support the wellbeing and development of rangatahi.
(For the purposes of the SkyCity Auckland Community Trust funding strategy, Rangatahi has been defined as those who are no longer in school through to the age of 34).
Organisations who support rangatahi in either or both outcomes are encouraged to apply. The focus remains on enabling community wellbeing and innovation and we encourage collaboration and partnerships for broader impact. We encourage funding requests for projects that are strengths-based in nature.
Ngā whakaarotau pūtea
Our funding priorities
We will consider applications that support rangatahi in the following ways:
- Rangatahi led initiatives which benefit them directly, their wider whānau and/or community.
- Rangatahi wellbeing including mental wellbeing.
- Rangatahi leading their own solutions and influenced decision making.
- Supporting rangatahi while strengthening cultural diversity, social connection, a greater sense of belonging and inclusion.
- Initiatives that provide and/or support pastoral care for rangatahi to thrive.
- Initiatives that support whānau, cultural and community connections with rangatahi at the centre; and
- Initiatives that build knowledge, skills and behaviours that strengthen whānau wellbeing.
For more information about the Trust priorities and how it funds, have a look at our funding policy.