Applications will be focused on the outcomes and priorities of SkyCity Auckland Community Trust. Funding will be available at a range of levels for eligible projects. Organisations that collaborate with other funding partners and partner organisations will be a priority for grants. Trustees will be looking at projects that have the potential for future impact or scale.
Organisations applying for He Tupu must be able to demonstrate their charitable purpose. This will be through either their registration with Charities Services, Incorporated Society, Marae, or registered under relevant legislation or a Company with charitable status. Only organisations with appropriate legal status can apply.
How do I apply?
Applications will only be received through the application portal SmartyGrants. We are unable to accept late or incomplete applications.
How much can I apply for?
There is no maximum grant available. We will be asking for a budget and for your annual accounts to help us clarify your request.
How often can I apply?
We will only approve one grant per applicant per financial year (1 July to 30 June). Opening and closing dates are available on our website.
How are decisions made?
Decisions are made by the Board of Trustees of the Trust. The Trust may have up to two funding rounds each financial year.
What do I need to provide in an application?
Applications will be received in SmartyGrants. Here is what we will be asking you to provide to support your application:
- Applications from registered Charities must provide their latest set of Financial Accounts.
- Financial Accounts must meet Charities Services requirements for reporting and auditing and have been signed by two Office Holders no later than five months’ after the organisation’s balance date.
- If the constitution requires your organisation to have compiled, reviewed or audited accounts, then this aligned report must be provided with the accounts.
One letter of support
One letter of support, that is dated no less than six months ago, from a community organisation that you work with. We are asking for a letter of support to demonstrate that the application has a clear mandate from the community.
A detailed budget for the application, project or service
The budget is used to support Trustees in considering the appropriate level of funding. Please advise on current details of income you are budgeting to receive (note all income sources including this funding request) and expenditure your organisation is budgeting to spend. Please ensure that the budget notes your organisation name and applicable budget date/s (we do not fund retrospectively, so ensure this is reflected in the budget date/s).
Evidence of the need for this project
We will need to receive evidence of the need for this project and the impact it is or could have on the community.
How will my application be assessed?
Your application will be assessed by the Trust to ensure it aligns with the outcomes and priorities that the Trust is wanting to support. We will be looking for how this is evidenced appropriately. We will be looking at why this application fits the criteria for He Tupu and, how you collaborate with other funding partners and partner organisations.
What else do I need to know?
- Terms and Conditions: The Trust has Terms and Conditions that must be accepted by all organisations that are approved to receive grants. A copy of the Terms and Conditions are on our website, as well as attached to the application form. We will ask that a member of your organisation accepts these. By making an application for funding under He Tupu, your organisation is accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- Payment of the grant: If your application is successful, the grant will be paid to the account of your organisation. We will need evidence of the bank account details with a bank deposit slip.
- Reporting back: We will ask you to provide us with a report once the funds have been spent or the project has been completed. We will provide this to you through our SmartyGrants application portal.