Welcome to True Spirit, where every cocktail tells a story. Find great new cocktails and hear the inspiration behind their creation.
DARREN RAFFERTY – Bartender
The American Revolutionary War was a time full of passion and fiery spirit and from this came my inspiration for the ‘Louisiana Coffee’ cocktail.
The Americans, with help from the French, defeated their colonial oppressors. And like that, my espresso martini with Kentucky Bourbon and French Cognac, will lift your spirits and beat away any winter blues.
Into this winning mix I’ve added Kokako espresso and a dash of Kahlua for depth.
And last but not least, the orange blossom water, for the final sweet taste of victory.
Here’s a toast to spirit and success!
The Grill by Sean Connolly
90 Federal Street
Subject to availability of ingredients. R18 for the service of alcohol. Drink responsibly.
- 25ml Remy Martin French Cognac
- 15ml Wild Turkey Kentucky Bourbon
- 25ml Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- 5ml Homemade Simple Syrup
- 2ml Orange Blossom Water
- Double shot Kokako Espresso
- Add all ingredients except orange blossom to a Boston shaker
- Rinse coupe glass with orange blossom water
- Add ice to Boston shaker
- Shake and single strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish with three coffee beans