West of Auckland City the Waitakere Ranges are the eroded remnants of an ancient volcano. These hills are now covered in dense forest with many native trees, including Rimu, Kahikatea and Matai. Plenty of forest walks are available for outdoor enthusiasts. Beyond the ranges lie black sand beaches and the rugged West Coast, including Karekare – famous as the setting for the movie ‘The Piano’.
- Admire the dramatic cliffs, rugged seas and the unique black sand beaches.
- Drive through Titirangi (Māori for Fringe of Heaven), where many famous painters, musicians and potters have strong affiliations with the area.
- Visit the Arataki Visitor Centre at the gateway to Auckland's famous West Coast with its very interesting displays and magnificent views over the Manukau Harbour.
- The most popular black sand beach on the west coast is Piha – enjoy the feeling of the fine black (hot in summer) sands between your toes.
- Take in the ancient native rainforest including our New Zealand Christmas Trees (Pohutukawa Trees) and our famous Kauri Trees before returning to the city.
Prices are from $275 per person (based on four people) for the Auckland Full Day Tour
Please contact the executive car services team for details or bookings.
Phone: 09 363 7029